At Brainard-Nielsen Marketing, we’re passionate about delivering intelligent solutions for passive and electro-mechanical design in the Chicagoland Wisconsin region. We partner with the best manufacturers in the world related to power, thermal, battery, EMC, and HMI. Our technology is designed at the OEM level into medical equipment, IoT, 5G, mil/aero, motive, EV, industrial, and commercial types of products. Please send inquiries and resumes to [email protected].
We’re looking for an Applications Engineer Intern to join our dynamic, rapidly expanding team. Playing a critical role in helping the team achieve our customer acquisition and revenue goals, you will work directly with data analytics, marketing, and our sales team. This role will work with numerous regional, national, and global manufacturers across multiple industries, helping to bring intelligent solutions to their challenges. In addition to getting exposure to innovative technology, this role also offers plenty of room for growth.
• Research and identify new applications aligning with our product technology
• Research and identify customer applications and where our product technology aligns within customer OEM product.
• Investigate both existing and potential new customers.
• Proactively pursue new design opportunities
• Identify customer engineering needs and requirements.
• Participate in conversations and meetings with key decisions makers at prospect accounts.
• Identify and develop strong relationships with Mechanical, Electrical, Power, and Compliance Engineers, as well as Sourcing, Purchasing, and Commodity Managers
• Communicate effectively with key decision makers
• Pursuit of associates and/or bachelor’s degree in engineering or business with ability to work ~15 hours/week.
• Technical aptitude with a desire to learn and grow.
• Passion towards driving new business
• Be a self-started with the ability to work independently to be a team player
• Desire to thrive in a fast-paced business environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas rapidly and compellingly to a variety of audiences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and computer skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Strong prospecting skills including use of Social Media (LinkedIn) and CRM Tools.
Education Tuition Program
Post-graduation employment opportunity with ability to advance into multiple roles.
Full-time position has a generous benefits package including insurance, HSA, 401K, Profit Sharing, and
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of our teams’ lives. We work to
continuously improve our offerings as we deliver intelligent solutions to our engineering community.
(Brainard- Nielsen Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.)